Nearly at the end of 2021 and we have seen some great software and hardware advancements that, perhaps, have not hit main stream yet.
The ARM goes marching on…
Both Apple and Microsoft have been busy adding to their support for ARM based processors. Apple launched a new version of its M1 processor (Pro & Max)
and Microsoft added a lot more development support for ARM in the way of 64-bit and more interestingly for Apple Silicon.
- Windows 11 Released
- Visual Studio 2022 Released
- .NET 6.0 Released (with Apple silicon support!)
- Updated Duo phone
- Apple M1 Pro has 33.7 billion transistors, M1 Max 57 billion transistors, 10-Core, memory speed to 400GB/s, 32-core GPU
- New Macs based on the new Apple Silicon
- Updated watch
- CAD Geodesy Assistant – Developed for AutoCAD and BricsCAD; Further details here
- FPAssistant SDK – ICAO Temperature Correction calcs, Improved Coordinate Systems/Projection classes, GML Circle & ARC support, Implemented point on Geodesic (FAA), ICAO Aerodrome OLS, .NET 6.0 support, General SDK class improvements with documentation.
We are looking forward to see what will be achieved with ARM based computers next year, 2022 should be another really interesting year. Both Apple and Microsoft share prices have gained: Apple price is~$160 & Microsoft is ~$336 at 30-Nov-2021.